After the completion of a supply chain diagnostic, a leading manufacturer in the electronics industry was faced with a broad and complex implementation program designed to ensure lasting improvements to supply chain performance.
Together with the client, Prokura conducted a 3-month implementation program dealing with 6 main focus areas:
- Defining new global storage locations and strategy for reducing the number of warehouses
- Developing and implementing a common process and tool for managing inventories.
- Identifying the optimal production strategy and implementing a Kanban scheduling tool
- Developing and implementing a new end-to-end forecasting process
- Designing and implementing a new S&OP process and associated tools
- Design and automation of reporting including structure and measurable KPIs
The integration of new tools and processes has greatly strengthened the client’s supply chain activities and created a solid improvement of their supply chain performance. For example, already after 6 months the level of service to customers improved by 10%.
To find out more about this case and other supply chain performance diagnostics, please contact Jens Holbek.